The following is a list of five major tips that we, at Mold Mitigation Professionals, have compiled for homeowners regarding mold in their homes and how you can be control it:
1. Any materials that are absorbent and extremely porous, such as ceiling tiles, should be fully replaced if mold is found on them due to how ingrained it can become in the material.
2. Prevent condensation in areas of the house through adding insulation. This will control potential mold growth due to the control of moisture.
3. Do not install any carpeting near areas with a great deal of moisture or perpetual moisture, such as near water fountains, near fridges, near washing machines or sinks/bathtubs.
4. There is no way to completely eradicate all mold and all mold spores due to their natural presence in the air, but it is recommended that the levels are reduced to ‘healthy’ or ‘benign’ levels when indoors.
5. Reduce indoor humidity to 30-50% to control mold growth. Once humidity is greater than 60%, this can contribute and exacerbate mold growth.
For more educational information on mold, structural issues within the home and general maintenance, feel free to continue perusing our blog.
MOLD HEALTH EFFECTS BLOG AND RESEARCH